We use the ICEC Slider Widget for presenting news. There are three posts visible.
1. Just text is added to the post. There is no link and no image. In the widget the Community Logo should be visible. This example is working as expected.
2. An image is embedded to the post and uploaded from local file system. This image should be visible in the widget. This example is working as expected.
3. A link to an image in Community Files is added. The expectation is, that this image is visible in the widget (maybe as an alternative the Community Logo)
But there is just an empty space. So there should be either no space or the Community Logo or better the link to the image.
If the user likes to have the image from "Files" as logo or if it should just be presented as link. I see two options.
1. implement a dialog and ask the user.
2. implement some logic, which recognizes if the link is pointing to a .jgep, .gif, .png or so and use it as logo. Anything else keep as link.
The current situation is confusing end users.