Migration: Add capability to migrate Community from one Connections Instance to another
Add ability to migrate a Community from one instance of Connections to another
- Select a Community or Communities
- Export all the related content (including Files shared with it, membership list)
- Go to another Connections instance, and Import the content (retaining if possible the Community UUID, if it has not already been used)
- If the Users exist in the new Connections instance, connect them to the Community, same authorities
- Change all new Connections instance internal URLs to match that of the new instance
- Write a Blog to the old and new Community indicating from and to address, list of content moved and new URLs.
- Send an eMail to all Community Members (both instances) pointing to the Blogs and old and new address
- Optionally be able to Lock and Archive the originating (exported Community)
- Optionally change old instance URLs to point to the new instance
Over time, there will be circumstances where it is desirable to move content from one Connections instance to another, as for example moving from Connections Premises to Connections Cloud or to a different Cloud instance. Also when companies are acquired or divisions sold off, and we want to add or split off their associated users and content. Migration is currently very difficult with IBM Connections, it lacks migration utilities, this would add that to the products. This needs to be done at the product level, there are internal database structures where information resides, it needs to be database operations (not APIs) to move it intact, not lose anything.