Welcome to the HCL Connections Product Ideas Lab! The place where you can submit product ideas and enhancement request. We encourage you to participate by voting on, commenting on, and creating new ideas. All new ideas will be evaluated by the HCL Product Management & Engineering teams, and the next steps will be communicated. While not all submitted ideas will be executed upon, community feedback will play a key role in influencing which ideas are and when they will be implemented.
For more information and upcoming events, please visit our HCL Connections page.
Re-design of Guest Users/Visitor User Model for IBM Connections Cloud Version (SaaS)
Back in 2016 there was a roadmap for a re-design of the whole guest users approach to improve the management of external users in your own cloud tenant that could fulfill requirements such as:
- More control for cloud tenant admins
- Overview of externals (e.g. guest/visitor) who access your cloud tenant
- Possibility to block certain externals/remove access to your cloud tenant
- Gain visibility as to who invited whom, when, and from what company
- Content to be owned by the cloud tenant and not the visitor
- Specify who can create content that can be shared externally
I find several ideas on this platform how to improve some areas (allow externals to follow blog/community, allow files-plugin for externals, mobile access etc.) but I believe a re-design of the whole external features is required. A few requirements can be mitigated with IBM Connections Customized but there are still many things missing.